CHICAGO, IL ART INSTITUTE OF MAKEUP SCHOOL
The Art Institute of Makeup, a division of The New Age Spa Institute, is a professional makeup school dedicated to providing superior education in the field of makeup artistry.
This certification ensures that all students acquire the necessary skills to work in the beauty industry as a makeup artist. This extensive makeup course develops the skills of makeup application and covers all aspects of basic and commercial beauty makeup, the principles of fashion makeup, photography makeup, and much more. Upon completion, students have the knowledge and technical training to work in many areas of the beauty and cosmetic industries.
You will learn:
- Sanitation and Infection Control
- Color Theory: Color Schemes, Terms, and Quality
- Basic Makeup Application and Blending Techniques
- Prep and Client Consultation
- Skin Type, Texture, Tones, and Undertones
- Selection: Primers, Foundation, Lipsticks, and Blushes
- Proper Workstation Setup and Cleanup
- Ergonomic Techniques for Makeup Artists
- How to Choose Proper Makeup Tools
- Eye and Brow Makeup Techniques
- Introduction to Airbrush Equipment and Makeup
- Bridal Makeup Techniques and Trends
- Corrective Camouflage Makeup
- Proper Application for Cat Eye, Wing Eye, and Smudge Liner
- Opportunities Available for Makeup Artists
Makeup Artist in a Salon or Spa Setting
Bridal Makeup Artist
Freelance Makeup Artist
Makeup Artist for Cosmetic Companies
Makeup Artist for Photographers
*Illinois does not recognize make-up artists or hair stylists. Professional Makeup Certification is available to licensed Estheticians and Cosmetologists.
*Per the Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding and Nail Technology Act of 1985 you need to hold an active Illinois license as a cosmetologist to arrange, braid and/or dress hair (up-do’s) and you would need to hold either a cosmetology or esthetics license to offer make-up or eyelash services.
The Department has adopted rules to permit the issuance of citations for unlicensed practice and/or abetting unlicensed practice or any violation of sanitary rules which shall not exceed $500 per violation.
If you use the link listed below you will find our full Act and Rules, a list of schools and applications for licensure.
The table with ID 12 not exists.